Here are a few of the many reasons you should join Pop Warner: PRINTABLE COPY OF THE POP WARNER BENEFITS
- NO TRYOUTS! – Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters!
- Programs in 42 States & 7 Countries – Pop Warner has active programs in 42 states and 7 different countries.
- More than just athletes! – Pop Warner is the only
national youth sports organization in America that requires its
participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting
them to play.
- Little Scholars Program – Pop Warner is the only
national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members
for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
- Stability – Pop Warner is the oldest national youth
football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by
Joe Tomlin, we now have over 140 leagues and over 425,000 members.
- It’s Inexpensive – Signing up for Pop Warner
Football, Cheerleading or Dance is inexpensive. A typical registration
fee for each participant ranges from about $75 to $200 for the season.
Registration fees are set by each local program.
- Pop Warner National Championships – Each year, Pop
Warner hosts the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance
Championships. For the past 11 years, the event has taken place at
ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex™ at Disney World. More than 300
cheer and dance squads and 64 football teams compete for the right to be
crowned Pop Warner National Champion.
- National Scholar Banquet – Pop Warner hosts an
awards program each year to celebrate the accomplishments of our
participants. Nationally, we select First Team, Second Team and
Honorable Mention All-American Scholars.
- College Scholarships – Each year, we award
scholarships for higher education to the most deserving students in our
highest grade levels. Pop Warner is proud to have awarded nearly one
million dollars in scholarships in just 17 years!
- Mandatory Play Requirements – Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every child is guaranteed to play.
- Age-Weight Structure – Kids compete with kids of
similar age and size. We set and enforce a strict AGE & WEIGHT
MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries.
- Volunteers & Coaches – We have over 40,000
volunteers and coaches that are being trained every year to offer the
best and safest programs for you and your children.
- It all starts here – The National Football League
Players Association (NFLPA) estimates that between 60% and 70% of all
NFL players began their careers playing Pop Warner Football. View a list
of all alumni.
- Background Checks – Pop Warner programs nationwide
are required to annually conduct a background check of Coaches, Board of
Directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers,
who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access
to, or contact with, players and/or spirit participants. The purpose of
these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
- Safety, Safety, Safety! – Kids compete with kids of
similar age and size. Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program
(local, regional and national) that sets and enforces a strict AGE &
WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries. Did you
know that Pop Warner football is safer than soccer? Pop Warner football
has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5-15 year olds than organized
soccer in the same age range!
- Concussion Prevention & Awareness –In addition
to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, Pop Warner took
the lead in youth sports by creating a Medical Advisory Board. The Board
was created to ensure Pop Warner remains proactive on all medical
issues that affect youth sports, particularly football and cheerleading,
with a primary focus on prevention and proper identification and
treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition
guidelines, and general health and safety issues.
- Coaching Education Programs –The safety of our
athletes is always the top priority and that is why we provide extensive
training for all our football and cheer & dance coaches.
- National Rule Book – Each Pop Warner Region, League and Association receive free National rule books for their organizations.
- Administrative Manual – Each Pop Warner Region,
League and Association receive free National Administrative Manuals,
designed to keep each League and Association current on all
administrative matters, as well as to facilitate the daily operational
management of those local organizations.
- Coaches and Adult Codes of Conduct – All coaches,
football and spirit participants must abide by a Code of Conduct which
includes several provisions. If any of these rules are broken, the
League shall have the authority to impose a penalty
- Free Online Roster Program – Pop Warner offers a free online roster program to all of our members to roster their participants easily and effectively.
- National Grants Program – For several years, Pop
Warner and its national partners & sponsors have awarded thousands
of dollars in national grants for teams and programs including start-up
grants, national championship travel grants, equipment grants and more!
- We surround ourselves with the best – Pop Warner is
proud to have numerous outstanding sponsors, licensees, fundraiser’s and
partners who offer several amazing opportunities to our programs.
- FREE HELP and DISCOUNTS – Pop Warner sponsors and
partners such as Spalding and Bike Athletic offer free equipment and
uniform merchandise as part of a grant program for new organizations as
well as those in financial need. Pop Warner partners also offer Pop
Warner only discounts and rebates on merchandise such as footballs,
cheer and dance apparel, fundraising items.
- Competitive and Affordable Insurance – Pop Warner
offers low-cost, broad insurance coverage as a benefit to its members.
The Plan is specifically written to meet the needs of Pop Warner Little
Scholars. The Pop Warner Insurance Committee, in conjunction with its
Broker, periodically reviews the cyclical insurance marketplace to
obtain the broadest possible coverage at the most competitive price.